Friday, December 21, 2012

New York dreamin'

Okay, okay....so I have waited along enough to post about my trip to New York!  Honestly, I have been so busy with all the holiday parties and prep since I got back into town that I haven't had time to even upload all the pics. 
 
First of all I want to say that it was one of the best trips I have been on in recent memory.  I haven't been to NYC in about 20 years and it is much different now than it was for me as a teenager. 
 
My husband and I took off for a weekend celebrating our 16th wedding anniversary in New York City. It was the first time we had left our 10 month old behind ever and the first time in a couple of years we had left our 3 older boys behind.
 
We arrived in New York on Friday morning and had a car pick us up at the airport and take us straight to our hotel. We stayed at the Hilton New York in midtown Manhattan. We typically choose Hilton family hotels (we like to get the HHonors reward points!) and know that we can expect great service and nice amenities with our stay.  We were blown away this time though to have a knock at our door that first evening and a tuxedo clad gentlemen present us with a bottle of champagne, champagne flutes and a beautiful platter of chocolates and truffles. Compliments of the house for our wedding anniversary!  I have posted pics below.

Traveling attire: Tart winter white Wool Pea Coat via Rue La La
Leopard print scarf via Target (see it worn here also)
Cream Open weave sweater via Dorothy Perkins (see it worn here also)
Hue grey "jeggings" via DSW last season (see them worn here also)
 Diane Von Furstenburg rolling overnight bag
Cynthia Rowley laptop bag
Vince Camuto "Norway" boot (seen worn here as well)

Waiting on the car to arrive.

Inside our room at the Hilton New York - beautiful room and great views of the activity below on the streets.
Looking out toward Rockafeller Center just a couple of blocks away.
 
This is what was delivered to our room at the Hilton. It was so nice and unexpected. In a city where everything costs (and most things cost ALOT) getting something for nothing was a nice surprise in itself :)

We also headed out to dinner (my absolute favorite of the trip!) at Il Corso in midtown followed by the Rockettes Christmas show at Radio City Music Hall. It was an amzing night!

My incredible husband of 16 years!!!



 Outside our hotel - Hilton New York. I love the cab zooming by in the background - so "new york" :)

 
I know it is dark (mood lighting:), but this was at Il Corso where they treated us to our second bottle
of anniversary champagne (again on the house!) and we had the most AMAZING meal!

That is all I have time for for now. I will be sure to update you with the other 2 incredible days we spent in New York soon!
Thanks so much for visiting and I hope that you are ready for the holidays :)
XO
Jessy

4 comments:

  1. so jealous I love new york! i hope u had a fabulous time..it looks so awesome there this time of year! have a merry christmas!!

    Meghan
    citrusrefreshingfashion.blogspot.com
    $50 TJMAXX Giftcard Giveaway on the blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am SO glad to hear that you had such a great time. New York is an incredible city. Your pictures are just wonderful!
    the-creationofbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, girls! I just posted about "Day 2"...have a look :)

    ReplyDelete

I love to follower other bloggers back so please take the time to "follow" through GFC and leave me a comment letting me know that you did so I can follow you back :)
Thank you for taking the time to comment, as well! I LOVE to read every one.
XO
Jessy