Wednesday, December 12, 2012

New York, New York!

I can not believe that in about 36hrs I will be in New York city!! I have wanted to go back since the last time I was there about 20 years ago....seriously!  But I haven't just wanted to go any time of the year - I have specifically wanted to go during the Christmas season :)  Well, this year is our 16th wedding anniversary (December 14th) and my husband (and high school sweetheart :) is taking me to New York to celebrate!! We arrive Friday morning around 10am and don't leave until Sunday around 6pm to fly back home.  We have tickets to the Rockettes Christmas Spectacular at Radio City Music hall for Friday, dinner reservations for Friday and Saturday and brunch reservation on Sunday and I plan to shop til we drop most of Friday (after we check into our hotel) and ALL day Saturday.  I have a map of all the areas of shopping I want to hit. I seriously don't really know how we are going to fit it all in, but I am sure going to have fun trying! LOL :)
In preparation, I have been packing (and shopping) to make sure I have everything I need and want to wear while in the Big Apple. I ran into Macy's today - partially to get my husband's Christmas gift and partially to get a couple of things for my trip - and while I was in there I took a few pics of today's outfit. Mainly to capture the incredible Laundry by Shelli Segal trench that I recently got (but also to try on a few pairs of perfect I.N.C. skinnies I found while browsing for the hubs...however did I find myself in that area of the store! :)
 Please excuse the incredibly dirty mirrors in the dressing room and the lack of good lighting. Hopefully you can still see most of the details in the coat. It is actually color blocked- dark grey inside the pleats and underside of the collar. It is absolutely the best fitting and most unique and gorgeous wool trench I have ever owned - in LOVE!


Wool Trench - Laundry by Shelli Segal via Macys.com (find yours here)

 
Trying to show you the back detail here although it's about impossible with a dirty mirror and bad lighting :(
You'll just have to trust me that it is gorg!!!!
 
Rest of the outfit:
Rust colored merino wool tunic sweater by Susan Bristol via TJ Maxx (current)
Vince Camuto Norway boot in "mushroom" via Marshall's (they were on clearance and I LOVE them - what a find!) (just purchased this week)
Grey "jeggings" by HUE via DSW (last season)
Steve Madden bag via TJ Maxx (current)
 
So do you have a favorite place to go when in New York?  Favorite place to eat? Cafe? How about best shopping district? 
We are staying in mid-town at the Hilton New York so we are pretty much in the center of it all (right in the middle of the theater and garmet districts - that was planned! ;).
What we can't walk to we can easily take a cab and/or subway too.  So throw out anything....I am so willing to take suggestions!
XO
Jessy


14 comments:

  1. I love your coat! I think that'll be great for NYC. Congrats on your 16th anniversary! How exciting to spend it in New York together. I bet the whole city will be abuzz with Christmas and New Years festivities! My fiance and I actually went to NYC about two Summers ago. I definitely recommend visiting SOHO and the meat packing district! Great shopping!

    We also went to Ohio to visit his family :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the advice, Noelle. SOHO was on the list for sure and the meat packing district was a "?"....what part of Ohio is your husband's family from? We are in Cincinnati - husband's family in Southern California (Riverside and Orange County) and my family is in Tampa. :)

      Delete
  2. I´ve never been in New York...but is my dream trip...
    I´m now following you too...

    Lve this look of yours...

    Kiss,
    Tixa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I can't wait for the morning - will be in New York by 10am!
      XO
      Jessy

      Delete
  3. Wow!! I would like to be in New York too!! I never been there :) Have fun!!

    Kisses,

    Babi
    www.voguebuster.net

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy anniversary!! That is so amazing that you guys were high school sweethearts and still so truly in love. That's the good stuff for sure!
    Love your coat and your boots! Have an fabulous time in NYC and I can't wait to see pics of your trip and everything you buy while shopping;-)
    XO, Gina
    http://classyeverafter.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Gina! Yes, we are truly still SO in love....16 years and 4 kids later :) I did marry the man of my dreams and I realize that every day that I am blessed to have with him. I will be "off the grid" for a few days, but will be excited to show you all what goodies I find in New York. Until then.....
      XO
      Jessy

      Delete
  5. that jacket is GORGEOUS on u! Happy anniversary and enjoy new york!

    XO Meghan
    citrusrefreshingfashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous outfit! and your hair is so pretty x


    www.ofbeautyandnothingness.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice! In love with the look!
    Do you want to follow me? Kisses

    ReplyDelete

I love to follower other bloggers back so please take the time to "follow" through GFC and leave me a comment letting me know that you did so I can follow you back :)
Thank you for taking the time to comment, as well! I LOVE to read every one.
XO
Jessy