Monday, December 10, 2012

Gift Exchange

So last night was my neighborhood's annual "Ladies Gift Exchange" party....what a great time! Every year about 25-35 women show up with a gift ranging from $25-$30 wrapped beautifully to put under the "host's tree".   There are always tons of great food and wine flowing freely.  This year it was held at my girlfriend's house just 2 doors down and with the weather being as beautiful as it has been here (50+ degrees!) I just walked.
To start the gift exchange each women then gets a number and we pick our gifts in that order. Everyone watches in anticipation of what each unwrapped gift will be. They always range, but you can be certain that there will always be so great jewelry and usually a few fun beauty items (there are LOTS of stylish ladies in this group!). Of course, to spice it up we play were you can "steal" a gift that has already been opened once it is your turn. The catch is that a gift can only be stolen 2x so if you get a great gift and you happen to be the second one "stealing" it then you can rest assured it will be going home with you! ;)
 
That is exactly what happened for me last night!  I had my eye on this great pair of Pave Loft earrings that were stolen 1x before it was my turn. As soon as my number was called I grabbed those babies and took them home with me last night.  Woohoo! 
 
So here is what I wore - festive, relaxed and definitely "girl party" :)



 
Top from Mod Cloth (see it also worn here)
Black glitter skinny Jeans via JcPenney (a.n.a.)
Necklace - Boutique
 
XO
Jessy

13 comments:

  1. Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog! Please remember to join my bracelet competition: http://dragonflyelisabeth.blogspot.fi/2012/12/live-daringly-boldly-fearlessly-taste.html#more as it closes tomorrow!

    xxx
    E from Helsinki
    http://dragonflyelisabeth.blogspot.fi/

    ReplyDelete
  2. very pretty! these leggings look great on u :)

    XO Meghan
    citrusrefreshingfashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Anna! Following you, as well. You have a great blog :)
    Jessy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on scooping up the earrings you were eyeing! Love your outfit and gorgeous necklace.

    XO, Gina
    http://classyeverafter.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. such a grat, elegant look!:) thank you so much for following dear:)) I am now following you too on GFC!!:) keep in touch darling! by the way, I have a new post now and would love to know your opinion on it!!

    Leonor
    thesparklinglemon.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a lovely night. And you looked positively fantastic! xo style, she wrote

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous outfit & that bag is just gorgeous!

    http://mylifebeingrenewed.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

I love to follower other bloggers back so please take the time to "follow" through GFC and leave me a comment letting me know that you did so I can follow you back :)
Thank you for taking the time to comment, as well! I LOVE to read every one.
XO
Jessy