Saturday, December 22, 2012

New York day 2 - Central Park

Day 2 in New York was to involve lots and lots of shopping, sight seeing and more shopping!  We hit Central Park, World Trade Center site, Staten Island Ferry, Soho, Meat Packing district, Chelsea, Time Square and 5th avenue shopping.  It was an action packed day! I enjoyed the shopping the most in Soho and on 5th avenue.  Really there was no "bad" shopping though :)

I have a few pics to share with you from our travels around the city and want to start our day 2 pics with some of our pictures from Central Park. I hope that you enjoy them.
My gorgeous husband in Central Park at the Conservatory Water  (upper East side of NYC in the background)

 A phone call to home to check on the kids (in Central Park).......



Central Park with the morning sun rising above the buildings...it was so beautiful!

On the steps walking down to Consevatory Water in Central Park

Let me take a second to give the outfit information (for those of you who like that kind of information! ;)
Wool Pea Coat - Tart via Rue La La (this season - sold out)
Boots - Franco Sarto Carlotta riding boots via DSW (this season - sold out)
Jeggings - Hue
Leopard print scarf via Target (this season)
Aviators via Loft (from Soho in NYC :)
Steve Madden fringe bag (this season) via Nordstrom *this has become my go to bag and I get compliments on it like crazy! The fringe and studs on the bag are just so fun and give some boho chic to whatever I am wearing ;)

Bethesda Terrace in Central Park....the intricate carvings here were unbelievable. This terrace leads to the Bethesda Fountain and the Lake. It is a really breathtaking area - we spent alot of time here and took a ton of pics (that I won't bore you all with! ;)
While here we also saw a "real" fashion shoot going on. It was fun to watch and made me feel quite inadequate having my photos taken!  LOL

This is how we got around in Central Park - a "Pedcab". Our guide took us on an hour long tour of the park (not nearly long enough to see everything we wanted to see but all we felt we had time for on this trip). It was such a relaxing way to enjoy the sites. he stopped every little bit and let us get out to see different things up close and take all the pictures we wanted. I would highly recommend this form of transportation around the park. The horse drawn carriages are nice, but they don't stop to let you out and most of the drivers aren't give you a "guided" tour like our pedi-cab drive did - pointing out all kinds of cool facts we didn't know. With tip this 1 hour long tour was about $120. It was probably the best $ we spent on the trip!




These pictures were taken at the Cherry Hill fountain. I changed them from the original shot with the added effects. I think this may be my favorite picture ever of my husband and me. I love seeing our little pedicab in the background, too. I have already had this made into a canvas in the black and white version. It is so special to me! He is the love of my life and this picture couldn't be more perfect to sum up our incredible 16 years of marriage!

I hope you all enjoyed the photos. I will post more of the rest of the trip over the next few days.
XO
Jessy

 




















6 comments:

  1. What a beautiful photos!

    I would love to go to New York one day...

    Kiss,
    Tixa




    ReplyDelete
  2. How cute are you two?!! I love the picture with the umbrellas! You should definitely print that one out and frame it :) Looks like a lovely time in the big city!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seriously adorable pictures!

    creamyclothes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I love to follower other bloggers back so please take the time to "follow" through GFC and leave me a comment letting me know that you did so I can follow you back :)
Thank you for taking the time to comment, as well! I LOVE to read every one.
XO
Jessy