Friday, December 7, 2012

The Liebster award

 

Four Seasons Style has just been nominated for the Liebster award.
 HUGE "Thank you" to Gina with Classy Ever After! What an honor to be nominated by such an incredible blogger.  Please take a second to check out her great blog now: Classy Ever After by Gina.  
Being fairly new to the blog world I am constantly amazed by how wonderful it is to be a part of this community and build relationships within it. Thank you again, Gina!
A little about the Liebster Award:
The Liebster award is given by a blogger to up and coming bloggers who have less than 200 followers. Liebster is German and means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome.
Here is what to do...You must post 11 facts about yourself, then answer the questions the nominator made for you. Next, you create 11 new questions for the bloggers you nominate. Then you choose blogs to nominate, and be sure to link them to your post. Finally, go to their page and tell them. No tags back allowed!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Facts About Jessica w/ Four Seasons Style

1.  I am totally and completely in love with my husband of 16 years and can not imagine my life without him.
2.  For our Christmas tree each year we get a living pine tree with the root bulb set up in a container in our house. We have it planted inour yard after Christmas is over. Makes me so happy to look at the trees and remember the joy we had around that tree on Christmas morning!
3. I am a serious "sweetaholic" and try desperately to curb my sweet tooth pretty much hourly (I often lose the battle ;)
4. I am a counselor at a pregnancy crisis center and it is the most rewarding position I have ever had. I know that it is something God led me to and I am so humbled to be able to serve these women.
5. My favorite running partner is my 2 y/o Standard Poodle, Tuscan, even if he does literally run circles around me!
6. I am totally addicted to Dunkin Donuts coffee - seriously addicted!
7. I would have a zoo in my backyard if it was legal (and possible;)
8. I am obsessed with long gorgeous healthy hair - obsessed - and spend way too much time and money trying to obtain it!
9. I look forward to the last hour every day where I get to sit with my husband and indulge in our favorite shows - just the two of us and not another care in the world. (and I usually make him watch a Real Housewives episode - he is too good to me! :)
10. Nothing makes me happier than spending time with my husband and our 4 children - whatever we are doing. They are the loves of my life!
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 

Questions From Gina w/ Classy Ever After

1. If you could describe your personal style using only 3 words, what would they be?
Classic, polished, fun
2. If you could purchase the designer handbag of your dreams (money is no object in this scenario), which one would you buy and what color?
Fendi 2jours structured leather bag - in a neutral because I would want to be sure I could wear it with everything!
3. What inspired you to start your very own fashion/lifestyle blog?
The "who" was my husband and even though that wasn't a question I have to let that be known - he is my biggest fan - always!  The "what" was me wanting to stop rambling on for hours about fashion and beauty tips and finds to that same husband (who lets face it - doesn't really care!). I figured this would be a much better forum to voice all of that and I knew it would be fun to share with this community.
4. Is there a cause that is near and dear to your heart, and, if so, what is it? For example, mine is animal / pet rescue.
Adoption - International & Domestic. I work with women in a pregnancy crisis center to help them determine how to handle pregnancy crisis situations. I love to see lives changed through an adoption decision. It is such a beautiful outcome for birth mothers, adoptive parents and the children! The most selfless act and a blessing to be a part of.

5. What is your dream vacation spot?
Paris, France
6. Is there a garment, or an accessory that you just can't stop buying even though you know you don't need any more of them? Feel free to list more than one!
Scarfs, boots, jackets - I seriously have so many of all of them :/
7. What are the most important qualities you look for in a close friend or significant other?
Honesty & good communication
8. Would you describe yourself as more trendy or primarily timeless while incorporating the trends you love most into your wardrobe?
Primarily timeless  - my fallback baseline is always blue jeans and a white shirt. When I am burned out, unsure or just want to feel like "me" that is what you will find me in. Those stand the test of time and you can always incorporate a new trend without losing those elements! :)
9. If you had one wish, anything at all, what would it be?
That my dad would still be here. I lost him tragically 3 months ago and I can't tell you how much I miss him.  I am so sad for my kids that they will not grow up having a relationship with him.
10. What is your favorite season for creating outfits? What season do you find to be most challenging?
My favorite season is definitely fall. Beautiful colors everywhere (clothing, nature, etc) and I can get to wearing ALL those scarfs, boots and jackets I have accumulated!! :)
The most challenging for me is probably summer because I really don't worry as much about "fashion" as I do about staying cool!
11. What honest advice would you give to someone who is thinking of starting a blog?
Don't let your fear of what others will think stop you - I did for a long time. Now that I have my blog up and running I can share and talk about all the things I find fun and great about fashion and beauty I am loving it! This community is so supportive :)


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
Questions For You

1. What is your least favorite style trend right now?
2. Do you find yourself buying more jewelry or make-up than you need?
3. What inspired you to start your very own fashion/lifestyle blog?
4. Where do you live currently and is there somewhere else you dream of living someday?
5. What is your dream vacation spot?
6. Is there a garment, or an accessory that you just can't stop buying even though you know you don't need any more of them? Feel free to list more than one!
7. What are the most important qualities you look for in a close friend or significant other?
8. Would you describe yourself as more trendy or primarily timeless while incorporating the trends you love most into your wardrobe?
9. If you had one wish, anything at all, what would it be?
10. What is your favorite season for creating outfits? What season do you find to be most challenging?
11. What honest advice would you give to someone who is thinking of starting a blog?
 

My Nominees

 
 
 
 
 
 
 

10 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. My pleaure! You have a great blog....keep it up :)
      XO
      Jessy

      Delete
  2. nice blog,I just followed you,I hope you do the same :)

    www.viewrama.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks....I will return the favor! Looking forward to getting to knwo you through your blog :)
      XO
      Jessy

      Delete
  3. Jessy, this is such a beautiful post. I enjoyed learning more about you and we have so much in common! Kind of amazing actually.
    I'm so sorry about your dad. My dad died unexpectedly in August too. I will pray for strength for you through this difficult time.
    I'm so glad we discovered each other and I look so forward to following your blog daily!
    XO, Gina
    http://classyeverafter.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Gina. I am so sorry to hear about your dad, too. I know that you understand how almost completely devestating it has been. One of the reason I started this blog was because his loss just showed me that you can't wait to do things - even "little" things. We are not promised tomorrow. He gives me strength even in his death. Man I really miss him!
      I am so glad that we have connected too. I will pray for you, as well!
      XO
      Jessy

      Delete
  4. congrats dear! thanks so much for the award!
    it would be great if we could follow each other! let me know
    http://annscircus.blogspot.com.es
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am following, Anna. Look forward to getting to know you better through your blog! BTW, check out my Coach Poppy GIVEAWAY! Make sure you enter today - ends on the 10th :)
      XO
      Jessy

      Delete

I love to follower other bloggers back so please take the time to "follow" through GFC and leave me a comment letting me know that you did so I can follow you back :)
Thank you for taking the time to comment, as well! I LOVE to read every one.
XO
Jessy