Tuesday, April 9, 2013

My Skin Care Routine (Night time)

I had shared my morning skin routine with you a couple of weeks ago here. Today I am going to share with you my night time skin routine.  

 Wholesome Organic Sugar / Clarisonic Mia / Philosophy Purity face wash / Dickinson's Original Witch Hazel / Mario Badescu Drying Lotion / Jose Maran argan oil  / Jan Marini Instant Refining Exfoliator

I wash my face every single night before bed (EVERY night) and I always use my Clarisonic Mia. After wetting my face and the Mia I use the Philosophy Purity wash. After washing I put some Dickinson's Witch Hazel toner on a cotton ball and use it all over my face. This stuff is so cheap, can be found at most drug stores and it all natural. It rivals any "fancy" toner product on the market and really works. Non-drying, non-irritating.

After thoroughly cleansing I put several drop of Josie Maran argan oil on my finger tips and massage it all over my face and neck (whatever is left on your hands I always massage into my cuticles and around my nails!).  It feels amazing and you wake up with your skin feeling so hydrated and healthy. I can't imagine a better moisturizing product for overnight. 

Once or twice a week I will exfoliate my face and lips (yes, lips! It will smooth them like nothing else :) with the sugar and a little water (this is my favorite brand).  I do this right after I wash my face and before using the witch hazel. Just apply a little water to your face and hands and then gently rub about a tablespoon of sugar gently over your face and lips for at least one minute. The sugar will begin to dissolve. You can rinse with luke warm water afterwards. 
In addition I will use the Jan Marini Instant Refining Exfoliator (see pic below) once a week. I do really like this product, but I like exfoliating with the organic sugar just as well - maybe better.  Jan Marini is not cheap (about $90 for this container) so I don't think I will buy it again.....just not enough "bang for my buck".  It is probably the best performing exfoliator I have found on the market though and I have used a few. It you currently don't exfoliate then I would recommend starting with the organic sugar - I want to stress to use the organic. You do not need to be rubbing bleached sugar with chemicals all over your face - yuk! It you don't like that then you could always try out a product like Jan Marini. It is definitely more refined and maybe easy for some people to use (less abrasive than sugar crystals).  


The one product I forgot to picture with my other items was my eye make-up remover (see stock photo below). I have tried so many eye makeup removers from every drug store brand to high end department store brands.  The best one (especially for the money!) to me is the Maybelline Expert Eyes (for waterproof eye makeup).  I apply it to a cotton ball and then hold it on my closed eye lid for a few seconds before wiping the makeup away. This helps to keep you from needing to rub the eyelid too much which stretches out that delicate skin and can pull your eyelashes out. It is also so moisturizing which can be hard to get used to at first (can feel "greasy"), but it is so good for that skin around the delicate eye area. 

I do go for a micro-dermabrasion facial each quarter (4x per year) and more often if I can.  My skin feels incredible afterwards.  I have tried dozens of different facials and this is the one that I go back to and use consistently. It is by far the best treatment for my skin.
I also use a Retin A product every other night on my skin before I put on the argan oil.  This helps me tremendously with the brown spots/hyper-pigmentation.  

So there you have it!  I think that is about all the info I can give you about my skin care routine (between this post and my morning routine here). I hope that maybe there is something that you learned and thought might help you with your current routine. 
I would also love to hear about yours....I am always open to knowing what other ladies do for great skin and willing to try something that may work better for me than my current routine :)

Hope your week is great so far....Happy Tuesday!!!

XO
Jessy 

5 comments:

  1. I definitely need to get better with exfoliating - thanks so much for that tip!
    the-creationofbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Clairisonic Mia but I found it was irritating my skin if I used it daily...even using the delicate brush head! :(
    Now I just use it once or twice a week.

    I am curious, using the argan oil on your face does not break you out? I use morroccan oil on my hair, but I wasnt sure how the argan oil would do on my face, since I tend to break out easy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Megan, the argan oil does not break me out. I have only used Josie Maran 100% pure argan oil for my face (I use a different brand for my hair as I don't like the Josie Maran for that use). I am pretty prone to breakouts if I don't take really good care of my skin so I was surprised at first that it didn't. As I am getting older my skin is definitely in need of more serious hydration so perhaps that makes a difference. If I had used this in my 20's who knows??
      XO
      Jessy

      Delete
  3. I've been using Proactiv for years now, but I am concerned about the long term effects of this. I do have acne prone skin but it is under control with the Proactiv, and clean diet. I'd like to go to a more a natural skin care line. Do you have acne prone skin? I'm wondering if I should dare to venture into new cleansing territory here and if you have some of the same skin concerns as I do, that will help me feel more comfortable changing it up.
    Thanks for sharing, Jessy!
    XO, Gina
    http://classyeverafter.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do, Gina. If I do not wash my face every day or use certain products, etc. I will break out. I really noticed that changing the most for me when I started using the Clarisonic. It is seriously the best investment I have ever made for my skin by far! I still get the occasional blemish, but a dab of Mario Badescu drying lotion and they are gone within 24-48hrs with no flare ups......try the Clarisonic if you haven't already. Some people who have very sensitive skin can't use them I have heard. For me it felt harsh for the first week or so but after that I was used to it and my skin was glowing so there was no way I was going to stop using it! It may also matter what face wash you use (something natural and not harsh).....I would stay away from anything that "foams". Hope that helps, Gina!
      If you try it please let me know what you think.
      XO
      Jessy

      Delete

I love to follower other bloggers back so please take the time to "follow" through GFC and leave me a comment letting me know that you did so I can follow you back :)
Thank you for taking the time to comment, as well! I LOVE to read every one.
XO
Jessy