Sunday, April 21, 2013

Weekend Outfits (and "new - new" bed!)

I know that many people around the country are dealing with similar weather as we are here in Cincinnati (although maybe not the abrupt changes every couple of days like we so enjoy in this city! ;)  I feel like every other post I write starts off with the "crazy weather" mentions - ugh!  Anyway, it leads me into why my outfits all contain pants, sweaters and blazers. 

Well, the chillier weather is good for one thing: running!  I have been training since January to run in my first 1/2 marathon the first weekend in May. It's Cincinnati's famous marathon "The Flying Pig". Yesterday our training group ran most of the 13.1 mile course finishing our mileage out at about 12.5. It was the longest distance I have ran to date and I was exhausted yesterday!  I did feel empowered though. I know now that if I was able to power through 12.5 then I can certainly run the 13.1 required for the half in less than a month. My pace yesterday was about a 9:15 mile - yay, me!!  LOL ;)

Okay, enough talk..... on to this weekend's outfit collection:

*Notice that the last OOTD pic has my "new" bed in the background - they made the first one without the nail head trim in the inner welt (kind of looks like colored trim in the pic, but it is antique brass nail head) and I just got the right one yesterday evening delivered!! Yay :)  

 Paige Denim cuffed jeans (current) / American Eagle peep toe wedges (old) / Forever 21 Polka Dot top (past season) / Mossimo Cardi (old)/ 
 a.n.a Jeans (old) / Loft Sweater (in stores now - Sale) / JCP Pink Blazer (current) / Rampage wedges (old) / Steve Madden bag / Stella & Dot Rebel Pendant

Loft Dolman Sleeve Sweater / Seven 7 Ankle pants / American Eagle peep toe Wedges / Liz Claiborne Blazer  in Heather Grey (LOVE the weight feel and length of this blazer!!)/ Stella & Dot Rebel Pendant / Kenneth Cole white leather band watch

Happy Sunday everyone!!  Hope you have had a fabulous weekend :)

XO
Jessy 

14 comments:

  1. It is the same here as well. So tired of this crazy weather! I love that striped top.
    the-creationofbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's wonderful you are training for a marathon. Keep up the great work! All blazers look amazing. :)

    http://missrenaaye.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol. Yes, chilly weather is excellent for running. I think 50's is just perfect. No wonder there are so many runners in Seattle. It's in the 50's most of the year.

    Cute outfits.

    Beauty Fashion Skin Care Blog - Girlie Blog Seattle | Cheap Makeup Reviews

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the 50's actually and would much prefer that to really cold or really hot which is most of the time in Cincy!
      Thanks!
      Jess :)

      Delete
  4. Wow, congrats on training for the 1/2 marathon. That is awesome, and 9:15 is a fantastic time. I'm not training for anything but I haven't pushed myself past a 10 min mile in years. I am getting old:(
    I love all your outfits, every single one...I'm not sure I can even pick a favorite!

    XO, Gina
    http://classyeverafter.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the outfit with the striped top, very elegant. And well done on all the running, that's amazing!

    Sarah x

    www.allthelittlepieces-blog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. such cute outfits!! love them all! I have been loving blazers lately too - love your hot pink one!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the striped outfit! Super cute! I would love if you’d visit me at : the daily savant : and (if you like) follow with GFC and Blog Lovin'! I have a giveaway on now!

    : signe
    thedailysavant.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Useful Information, your blog is sharing unique information....
    Thanks for sharing!!!

    Save on luxury Japanese Products today at ZED International. Buy skin care products, beauty products with free delivery worldwide.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for your post. This is excellent information. It is amazing and wonderful to visit your site.

    At Majestic Beauty Academy nail art school in japan we offer a variety of short beauty courses. The duration of our courses vary & include professional kits. Book your spot on our beauty courses today!

    ReplyDelete

I love to follower other bloggers back so please take the time to "follow" through GFC and leave me a comment letting me know that you did so I can follow you back :)
Thank you for taking the time to comment, as well! I LOVE to read every one.
XO
Jessy