Monday, September 16, 2013

A walk, a concert and OOTD

What an incredible weekend - and incredibly busy for sure!  What else is new for this family? LOL We started off Friday with some of our great friends from high school and their kids coming over and hanging out. It was such a gorgeous night and we were able to enjoy a bonfire - even making smores for all of the kids (and maybe a couple for the adults! :)

Saturday morning was the Walk For Life event put on by the organization that I am a Client Educator/Counselor for, PregnancyCare of Cincinnati.  If you saw Friday's post then you know that I had not one but 2 speeches that I had been asked to give at that event. Well, I did it and I think it went great!  The most rewarding part was all of the people that came up to me during the event to tell me how much they enjoyed my speech and personal story. Even with tears in their eyes - that was powerful and humbling!  Amazing morning with my family and supporting this amazing ministry!

My youngest son posing for a quick picture with me after the first speech and my finishing the 5k :)


Tenth Avenue North performing!


We wrapped up the weekend by going to see the Christian pop band Tenth Avenue North perform. What a great concert!  Full of lots of young people and youth in the community - all raising their hands and worshiping God as Tenth Avenue North performed. It was amazing! 
During the concert my youngest son, Parker (pictured with me at the race above) says, "Thanks for taking me here tonight mom. I really like this concert!" - it was the first concert he has ever attended at just 7 years old. These are the moments that makes a momma's heart swell!

And finally, I do have an outfit post from this weekend for you. Our mornings have been starting out pretty chilly (mid-50's) and then warming up nicely to high 70's so this outfit was perfect. 


Cardigan: via Target Mossimo (old) / American Eagle peep toe wedges (old) / J. Crew Linen City mini skirt (purchase here) / Forever 21 Polka Dot top (old) / Michael Kors Blair watch (here) / Tiffany & Co. Heart tag charm bracelet (here) / Turquoise and silver ring from boutique (similar here)


Happy Monday everyone!
XO
Jessy 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to follower other bloggers back so please take the time to "follow" through GFC and leave me a comment letting me know that you did so I can follow you back :)
Thank you for taking the time to comment, as well! I LOVE to read every one.
XO
Jessy